Kiswah - The black cloth of Holy Kaaba
The black covering cloth of Kaaba named "Kiswah" will change every year on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah, On the day of Arafat just after the Fajar prayer the work of changing Kiswah will start and continues till finishes. However, this year Kiswah replaced on 1st Muharram, after the Royal order. Trending : History of the Silver, Gold doors of the Holy Kaaba
Kaaba Kiswah is made up of pure silk and the decoration of the Quran verses is done with gold and silver threads. It is manufactured in Kiswa factory at Umm Al Joud in the region of Makkah.
- Changing of Kiswah will be done in a unique way, The new kiswa will hung over the old from the top before the latter is removed from underneath.
- Kiswa consumes about 670 kilograms of pure silk and 120 kilograms of golden threads and 100 kilograms silver threads.
- Kaba Kiswah consists 47 pieces of black cloth, Each piece of cloth is with a height of 14 meters and a wide of 101cm.
- About 240 people are working in the various departments of Kiswah factory, It has largest tailoring machine of the world with a length of 16 meters.
- The Kaaba Kiswah will be changed every year on the last month of Hijri calendar that is Zil Hijjah (Dhul Hijjah), this year it was done Today (1st Muharram 1444) under the supervision of the Presidency (Sheikh Abdulrahman Al-Sudias) and the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (King Salman).
Story published through syndicated feed
This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Vews Team.
Publisher: Saudi Expatriates